In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, we rush around on the highways and byways never taking a moment to notice the surroundings on the roads we travel. Sometimes taking a leisurely drive or walk on a beautiful road or trail can be relaxing and a wonderful experience. It can be a local place in your area or a new place in a vacation spot but when you travel these roads/trails/paths with family, friends or that special loved one, the experience becomes memorable.
Here are just 11 of the amazing roads/trails/paths I have traveled in my life that I can quickly recall. Each one was traveled with family, friends and/or that special loved one and was filled with laughter and joy.
- Drove Hwy290 from Houston, Texas to Brenham, Texas in April to see the Bluebonnets and tour the Blue Bell Creamery.
- Drove on Seawall Boulevard on Galveston Island in Galveston, Texas
- Drove across the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge in a convertible mustang on a sunny day.
- Drove the road to Hana in Maui of the Hawaiian Islands
- Hiked to the top of the Diamond Head Summit Trail in Oahu of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Drove Pacific Coast Hwy 101 from Irvine, California to San Diego California
- Traveled on U. S. Route 66 while day tripping from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon
- Traveled on the Amalfi Coast in Southern Italy
- Traveled on an 1898 Scenic Railway of the World to the summit of the White Pass Mountains in Alaska – the boundary between U.S. and Canada
- Cruised through the Panama Canal
- Traveled to and walked the trail to the top of Poás Volcano in Costa Rica.
Working on this post has brought back wonderful memories and is a reminder about the other destinations on my bucket list to visit and explore.
Do you have any memorable roads/trails/paths that you have traveled? If so, please share the experience.