January. This month is all about renewal.
We think of rejuvenating the mind, body, and spirit to face the new year ahead.
We look back at the past year and consider how we can improve in the various lives we lead – Spiritual, Relational, Financial, Physical, and Intellectual.
We all should be seekers in the new year.
We should avoid those situations and persons that keep us stagnant – like a body of water that doesn’t flow.
Every aspect of your life should be flowing upstream to something uplifting.
Renewal is about seeking that which is uplifting in your life.
Here is a roadmap to consider in your search:
- List those things and persons that kept you stagnant or forced you downstream in the past year.
- Determine why you are holding on to it or them.
- Imagine your life without the dormant forces.
- Determine what it will take to let it or them go.
- Brainstorm what change you could implement to uplift the essential aspects of your life where you felt you were stagnant.
If you desire a change but find it difficult to go it alone, consider a life coach.
Here is a link to an article to provide guidance on choosing one.
Take that first step to a new YOU in the new year.