This topic made me take a close look at the items inside of my refrigerator to determine which ones generated any feelings within me. I was surprised to realize that I did have feelings about some of the items and the top five are listed as follows:
- Sweet Leaf Natural Stevie Sweetener – I have apprehension about this item. I am addicted to sugar and I am trying to transition to a healthy alternative to use as a sweetener. I know there is Equal, Splenda, and Truvia but even those impact the glycemic index. Sweet Leaf does not. Even though Sweet Leaf is tasteful my palette leans more toward Splenda. However, I am determined to transition to Sweet Leaf and have set a date as to when I will no longer purchase Splenda. I keep Sweet Leaf in the refrigerator because it must be stored in a cool place.
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almondmilk – I am excited about this item. Recently, I discovered I have food allergies/sensitivities. So I am trying to reduce/eliminate dairy, gluten, soy and corn from my diet. Using this product as a substitute for dairy milk has proven to be a very tasty change.
- Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs with Omega 3 – I am excited about this item. I switched to using these eggs because the chickens are fed a vegetarian diet and no hormones. This is another healthy food choice that I have made to address my food allergies/sensitivities and to implement my eating management plan.
- Van de Walle Farms All Natural Picante Sauce – I am excited about this item. I am a Texan and picante sauce/salsa is a staple in my refrigerator for eggs, burgers, chips, hotdogs, etc. We, Texans, are loyal to our home grown Pace Picante Sauce but I discovered this brand which is also made in San Antonio. It offers me a healthier version of picante sauce that is gluten-free and all natural.
- Nicolas Hermen Rheinhessen 2010 Germany Sweet Red Wine – I am sentimental about this item. Every Saturday night, when I am home, I have a glass of red wine as a memorial to the joy, laughter, and love I shared with a special man. I always keep a bottle chilling in the refrigerator.
Now that I have taken this impromptu tour of my refrigerator I realize the items in it fit my style – eclectic.